
This week was full of things we don't want. It started Monday morning. Husband took the kids to WalMart, when they got home, I was taking off Junior's jacket and noticed his ear was chuck full of mucus. When I finally got him into the doctor at 6:30 p.m. we found out that his ear drum ruptured. I had no idea that he even had an ear infection. He must be a tough kid because he has hardly complained.

Next day. Tuesday. We wake up to four inches of snow. Husband leaves early for work and school - won't get home until late. By 2:30 the snow has doubled I am now panicking about how I am going to get my large driveway shoveled so husband can get in it. Luckily a few hours later my nice neighbor showed up with a bag of oranges and some warm applesauce from his fruit stand. Then he came back with his 4-wheeler and plowed my driveway. Now what should I do for him?

Thursday. Pinkie is full excitement after preschool telling me about her friend who just got her tonsils out. "They were huge," says Pinkie, "Now she is feeling much better." Well around dinner time. Pinkie starts telling me how she doesn't want her tonsils either. I tried to explain to her how most people have their tonsils, and that they are normally a good thing, but she wouldn't relent. I told her if she didn't want them, we would have to go to the hospital and have the doctor take them out. She started panicking even more after that. I finally decided just to tell she didn't have to have them any more. That did the trick. She calmed right down and said "Thanks, Mom." Now don't any of you go telling her she really does have them. Girls are so dramatic.
3 comments:
Sorry about the yucky week. i guess its a good thing junior had been fine. You just never know about stuff.
what a week!! glad the ear is getting better - and so glad you talked her out of the tonsils being removed. ach. when are you coming to visit? it would be fun!
Ha, wow! Glad Junior is okay. :)
Post a Comment