
Last Tuesday, July 12th, the kids and I braved the elements to watch the Angel Moroni be installed atop our temple. It was raining quite nicely when we left, so we wore jackets with hoods, and carried umbrellas. Junior held one umbrella over he and G3 in the stroller while Pinkie and I shared another, and pulled the stroller. We had to walk from the library parking lot, about two long blocks.

G3 is over getting his picture taken. I can't hardly get him to look at me anymore. He managed to be pretty patient as we waited, and waited for the wind and rain to stop.

You can see behind Junior there is a crane holding a bucket with some men in it. They went up and down several times.

After about a two hour wait, the wind finally died down, and the started hoisting him up there. (Even Pinkie was a little grumpy by this point.)

Junior was actually pretty well behaved through the long wait. I did let him take pictures with my old camera. I will have to share those in another post. They are pretty funny.

Aunt K, I think she is crying, and cousin J. They were nice enough to save us a seat. I think K was there about three hours early, plus the two hour wait.

They finally got it up there! It was neat to hear the people on the tabernacle lawn gasp when it finally came into view for them.

Junior looks so angelic here. Really, all the kids were good to wait so long. I hope this is a day they won't forget.
1 comment:
That is so cool! What a neat experience for the kids (a long day though!) I didn't realize the temple was so far along. When is the open house? I'd love to try and schedule a trip there for it. We haven't made a trip to Utah all summer long. Weird, but it's been crazy busy here.
Post a Comment