Pinkie has always loved horses so I wasn't surprised when she came home from the school book fair requesting a book titled "Pony Whisperer." I told her I would buy her the book in exchange for some help around the house, so after doing some chores during the week, we went to the school to buy the book.
When we got there I realized that the book was a little too difficult for her. It was much longer than the books she has been reading, and there were no pictures (gasp!) The back of the book suggested that it was suited for ages 9 and up. Since Pinkie is 8 1/2 and a really good reader, I let her buy the book on the condition that she would read it aloud to me and I could help her with the more difficult works.
When we got home, we sat out on the porch and began the book. We were only on the second page when I realized the book really was too old for her. The story was about a girl and her horse. They had just moved to a new town, and she was going to visit her horse at the new stable she had found for him to live at. Sounds innocent enough right? Well then it goes on to explain how she may have chose this stable because of the "hot boy" that worked there.
As Pinkie read the sentence about the " hot boy" I groaned, and Pinkie responded so perfectly, to my delight, "Why would she want a hot boy when she has a horse?"
Seriously. I love this girl.
2 comments:
Hahaha what a girl!
She rocks.
Post a Comment