I am never prepared for the girly emotional craziness that comes out of my 4 year old. I planned ahead this year and gave her a Sleeping Beauty costume for her birthday last month. She is sooooo into princesses that I knew it would be an awesome costume for Halloween. Well thanks to some cutie at preschool, Pinkie decided that she wanted to be a mermaid instead - in her words "Everyone is going to be a mermaid, but that boy is going to be spiderman." So I have been trying to talk her out of it, but noway. This morning we jaunted to WalMart, but no mermaid costumes. They did have a nice selection of sparkely fabric however, so we purchased some and viola - here is what we came up with. I prefer the more modest version, but she will be wearing ashirt underneath regardless. She looks happy in this picture but that is only because I spent much time going over tha fact that she will have to actually use her feet to walk, and that we don't live in the ocean, and a costume will not turn her into a mermaid. Halloween here we come. See my Halloween post for costume pics.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Emotional Mermaids
I am never prepared for the girly emotional craziness that comes out of my 4 year old. I planned ahead this year and gave her a Sleeping Beauty costume for her birthday last month. She is sooooo into princesses that I knew it would be an awesome costume for Halloween. Well thanks to some cutie at preschool, Pinkie decided that she wanted to be a mermaid instead - in her words "Everyone is going to be a mermaid, but that boy is going to be spiderman." So I have been trying to talk her out of it, but noway. This morning we jaunted to WalMart, but no mermaid costumes. They did have a nice selection of sparkely fabric however, so we purchased some and viola - here is what we came up with. I prefer the more modest version, but she will be wearing ashirt underneath regardless. She looks happy in this picture but that is only because I spent much time going over tha fact that she will have to actually use her feet to walk, and that we don't live in the ocean, and a costume will not turn her into a mermaid. Halloween here we come. See my Halloween post for costume pics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love it - "everybody else is going to be a mermaid!!" I've got Vin narrowed down to two costumes, so we'll see how that goes. Biggs is too small to argue, so she is going to be Princess Leia. I finished her costume today.
Post a Comment