
The weather finally cooperated, and we got to start tearing up some of our lawn and turning it into garden. I am really excited because I think the raised beds are going to look really nice. They are located in our side yard right by our drive way, so they will be visible from the street, and we really wanted it to look good.

While we were working outside we kept the kids busy with a bucket of water and some foam paint brushes. This might be the best outdoor activity for young kids ever thought of. Too bad I didn't think of it myself. Pinkie has been doing it for a couple of summers already. She has been begging to "paint" for weeks now, and it was finally warm enough.

Of course Junior thinks he can do anything Pinkie can do, so he had fun too while mom and dad got a lot accomplished.
7 comments:
Painting with water!! I let my kids do that inside sometimes too!!
Okay, I must be out of the loop, that is the best idea ever! Especially when they think the paint is a treat!!! We will have to try it this weekend when Grandma comes to visit! Thanks for the idea
I am so jealous. I want raised beds in my garden too. My landscapers were supposed to start yesterday, but of coarse they didn't show.
It looks great! You'll have to post pictures of your garden as it progresses. I'm jealous!! I don't think I'll get to have a garden this year - if all goes as planned, that is. I love the painting with water. I'll have to try it this year.
I def wanna see pics! I love gardens which is funny cuz I hated them when we were kids and mom would make us go weed the garden on Saturday mornings. Fresh tomatoes...zucchini! I'm dying!
You should try painting with ice!!! That is what we do here in the Arctic!
Good for you guys!! Every year I try to plant something new... What are you going to have going this year???? I need to keep learning.
Post a Comment