Monday, January 7, 2008

New Years Resolutions


I have been reading about other bloggers resolutions, and decided I needed some of my own. I realized when I got thinking about it is that I really have a lot of things I have been meaning to do, but now I have an excuse to write them down, and really get to it. It's funny how you are more likely to commit to something if you write it down. So here it goes, in no particular order

  1. Find, buy and try all natural cleaners. Well what do you know, I found some at WalMart today. Even in my unbelievable low price range. I think I paid $2.98 for this Green Works cleaner from Clorox. They also had a glass and surface version which I will have to try at a later date. I did clean my bathroom with this today, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked. There was only a slight smell to it, which didn't seem toxic at all, but smell more like some kind of plant. I am quite happy about this. I also moved by toxic cleaners to a top cupboard.
  2. READ. This shouldn't be hard for me because I love to read but here is the breakdown. a) read to each of my kids everyday (Pinkie and I already do this, but Junior could use some attention. b) read my scriptures everyday, and on the weekends ready the conference editions of the Ensign, try to read all of the talks, before the next conference, and c) read a good fun book once a month. Right now I am reading The Quilter's Apprentice. I also want to read The Goose Girl, anyone have any other recommendations?
  3. Extract 250 names a month using Family Search Indexing, and attend the temple more than I did last year.
  4. Start a new blog and Etsy shop, which is all in the works. Watch for Village Shop info coming soon...
  5. Finish redoing the window coverings in my house.
  6. Figure out how in the heck I am going to fit exercising into my life. I am dying to do Yoga, but unless I get up at 4:00 am I just don't see it happening. I would love it if my kids would play while I did it without hanging on me, I guess I will give it a whirl.
  7. This one will have to wait a couple of months or so - Plant a garden and can, can, can. Especially Peaches, I want to can peaches this year!

I think that is plenty, don't you? I am already feeling overwhelmed.

2 comments:

m e l said...

I'm so impressed with your goals -- I don't even know how to extract names - so 250 a month is astonishing. You go girl! I'm excited for your village shop - can't wait to see what you creative girls come up with.

I've wanted to read the quilter's apprentice - let me know if you like it. I read a while back the Persian Pickle Club by sandra dallas - it was a good one, I also liked Eat Cake by jeanne ray. Right now I am reading Mount Vernon Love Story by mary higgins clark. I'll let you know what I think of that one when I'm finished.

Molly said...

Thanks for the book recommendations. Too bad extracting names is so easy. Not so astonishing. Triatholons are astonishing.