Monday, June 9, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Today is my most dreaded day of the year. The beginning of swimming lessons. I guess I wouldn't mind swimming lessons so much if I wasn't actually getting in the pool myself, but I figured chasing Junior in the pool would be less tortrurous than trying to keep him out of the pool while we watch Pinkie. Even as a kid I hated swimming lessons. I admit that I actually was somewhat looking forward to swimming until I saw the forcast. It isn't even going to hit 80 degrees this week. I mean really. The only reason I enjoy getting in the pool is because it is too hot not to. Seeing as how swimming lessons starts in two hours and now it is only about 50 degrees, it is not going to be too hot not to when we get there. Oh and did I mention that on Wedenseday the forcasted high is a balmy 60 degrees. I guess I should have signed up for a session in August, but we really don't want to get cryptosperiduim either. On the brighter side of things there is someone in the family who is estatic about swimming lessons, and that is Pinkie. She has been looking forward to this day. So now that I got my complaining out, I will go and be happy about it.

7 comments:

Jana Nielson said...

I won't get NEAR a swimming suit! You can at least wear one without causing everyone to leave the pool, or yelling "beached Whale!".

Have fun basking in that warm weather!! heh heh

Ash Ty & Chloee said...

ha ha your to funny you will have fun! i kinda wish i was going with you but maybe next year. we need to get outside and play with our kids again! see ya soon.

Molly said...

OK I actually had fun today at swimming. The pool ws heated to 85 degrees. We will see how it goes through the week though as the temperature is dropping.

Ashlee said...

Jadon started lessons too, but I have him go to the NAT, he is a major wimp when it comes to being cold. SOOO..... Sorry you must have frozen today it was cold out there. Where is JUNE????

Wilkinson Family said...

Brecken and Gracen could be fish, they love the water. Brecken can blow bubbles and Gracen doesn't stop kicking!!! How does Junior like it? I wasn't one to like swimming lessons either...it was probably because I was scared to death of my teacher :(

Molly said...

Junior mostly just wants to go down the slide. The first day was fun, the second day a little too cold, today we didn't even go it was so cold, and we are not going tomorrow either because it is too cold, and we are going to what Pinkie calls "the goon." Think rollercoasters.

Wilkinson Family said...

If we lived closer I totally would! I have a weird passion for organized closets, always have and probably always will! That would be a dream part time job for me, to go and sit in a closet and clean it out, yes I know that is weird but it is peaceful to me