Sunday, June 15, 2008

There's Only One Lagoon

We had our big summer outing this week, Lagoon. Here are the photo highlights, from top left to bottom right:

  1. Pinkie and Junior waiting for our friends in front of the fountain. This is a new addition since I was last at Lagoon. It is one of those dancing fountains built right on the ground so crazy kids can run through it. Junior really wanted to give it a try, but it was just not hot enough that day.
  2. Pinkie and Vin going for a drive.
  3. The Dinosaur Egg Drop, a mini version of the Turbo Drop. I have never been on the Turbo Drop, but Pinki and I both loved the Egg Drop.
  4. Pinkie and he-who-must-not-be-named on a ride which I don't recall the name of. It is one that takes forever to ride because they have to let only two cars on and off at a time.
  5. Pinkie by the beautiful roses near the entrance. Roses are her favorite and she always takes time to smell them.
  6. Pinkie and her carousel horse which she named "Seashell." You would have thought that animal was real by the was she was coddling it.
  7. Junior dancing to the sill music they play at the Odysea ride.
  8. Junior finally crashed for about an hour.
  9. The first and last ride of the day was Odysea, or as Pinkie calls it, the Opopus ride. (If you look closely you can see a small glimmer of Pinkies white hair next to he-who-must-not-be-named.) It was her very favorite. She had been anticipating riding it after seeing the commercials. She loved the way you can control your sea car with a joy stick. She also loved the way there were dolphins squirting water at you. Luckily we didn't get too wet when I rode it with her. It just wasn't hot enough for that.
  10. The kiddie bumper cars. Pinkie actually did really well driving her car. I had my doubts about that. Every time she would get hit by another car she would giggle so loud, I think everyone in the park could hear her.
  11. Our cute little friend. This is about the point she decided that she wanted to go on the rides to. We made one more special trip to the carousel for her.

Other highlights not caught on film:

  • Junior waving at me and saying, "Hi Mom," everytime I was on a ride with Pinkie.
  • Pinkie crying because she was too short for the rollercoasters. The girl wanted to ride everything.
  • OK I wouldn't call this a highlight, but perhaps a fair warning for anyone that is going to venture to Lagoon in the near future. If the line to the White Rollercoaster seems earily short, it is for a reason. That ride was completely painful. I couldn't stop my head from hitting the back of the seat at least once a second. They really need to rip that down.
  • I did get to go on one fun rollercoaster, the Spider. Next time we visit Lagoon, Pinkie will have to be at least 46 inches high, that way she can ride all of the crazy rides she wants.

2 comments:

Bonny said...

loved that post! the white roller coaster is NOT awesome at all. how fun to take the kiddos there.

m e l said...

That was a fun day. Yes, stay away from the white roller coaster. Vin was so freaked out by that one. Poor kid. I asked him what his favorite ride was that day - and he can't think of one. He's going to end up like his dad.